This morning when DropBox went down, I learned from a tweet that BitTorrent Sync provides an open source and free alternative to the centralized file services.
So lets give it a go by distributing the No Agenda podcast, shall we?
I have set up a read only folder on one of my machines to seed the show. I presume it only reaches economies of scale if lots of people have the file and keep it in their shared folder, so please do so we can see how effective it is.
Get a copy of bitTorrent Sync here
When you’ve installed it, you will want to use this ‘secret’to sync with the folder
Post a comment here to let me know if it worked for you!
Please wait while we load apple.js.…
var jsonFeed = ‘http://adam.curry.com/river.js?callback=’;
var jsonCallback = ‘onGetRiverStream’;
var imageUrl = "http://counters.scripting.com/counters/count.gif";
var imageTag = "“;
Here’s what I would want it to be
- All bands
- AM FM SSB CW Digital
- Integrated paddles/keyer
- Have a display that decodes digital modes
- Speaker so you can monitor sidetone and digital regardless of how the rig is connected to a computer or other audio device
- Simple way to connect a high end mic/pre-amp/audio studio
- 5-10 Watts
- Internal Antenna Tuner
- Internal Battery, rechargeable
- Wire Antenna connector and BNC, switchable
- Small footprint, of course
- Compatible with OSX for Panadapter, rig control and Digital modes
Did I just describe the KX3?
Moving the twitter thread to the wp blog.
- There doesn’t appear to be a central place that aggregates the new product announcements at this year’s Hamvention.
- Maybe there aren’t any?
If you’re at the show, that have you seen?
I’m particularly interest in new QRP rigs.
After replacing the Final PS transistor as discussed in this thread, I thought the issue had been resolved.
But something weird happened this morning as I used the iambic keyer to call CQ, it appeared the box got ‘stuck’ on transmit, I saw the SWR climb to about 1:3.
I quickly switched off the device and tried again.
When it got stuck in transmit, I ‘jiggled’ the keyer by sending couple random dits and dahs and the transmit stopped.
I tried again. This time when it got stuck I looked at everything I could to gather as much dat as possible.:
- SWR rises to 1:3
- LCD does not show the ‘P’ indicator, but ‘S’ with a full receive signal.
- Audio turned to a bit of a squealing distortion
- Smoke came out of the unit and the screw that affixes the Final PA Transistor to the housing was very hot to the touch.
- I opened the housing and verified visually that the transistor was damaged
So I replaced the transistor again, and again have full power on transmit, but am seeing it get stuck again and the SWR climbing with the squealing sound.
I switched the unit off and am posting this now to see if there are any ideas out there as to what I should look at as the culprit here.
As always, any feedback and input is highly appreciated.
I’ve been experimenting a bit with a random wire and an MFJ 969 Antenna tuner. The results of 10 Watts JT65 are astounding to say the least
Today While tuning an antenna my HB1B suddenly dropped in transmit power from it’s regular 5watts to less than 500mw
I am presuming that I blew something up
Does anyone have any experience with these rigs and this particular problem?
Is it something I can fix myself, or at least diagnose myself?
Receive still works fine